Frequently Asked Questions
– 3D model of the detail (it would be the best to share it with us in a proper file extension which is .stp or .xt)
– specification of the material which the detail should be made of or a description of its application (What condition should the detail work in? What will it be used for?)
– specifying the character of the final product – is it a visible or invisible detail?
If the product is a visual element, we need to estimate which surfaces are supposed to be visible and what kind of structure they should have.
– What quantities are planned to be produced? The customer should estimate if his orders are going to be a one-time-order, regular monthly/yearly deliveries or how many pieces he would like to produce using the tool in total.
It is impossible to specify ‘the cost of an injection molding machine’ unambiguously. Everything depends on structural solutions and the level which says how much the plastic part is complicated. However, we always try to emphasize that the injection method is the method of mass production and in most cases making tools for single production (few thousands of pieces) is simply unprofitable.
– what are the injection mold dimensions?
– how many cavities are there in the mold?
– what kind of system does the injection mold have? Is it a cold or hot runner system?
– what is the detail weight?
– what is the regular cycle time?
– what material is the detail made of?
– what colors is the detail produced in?
– what production quantities are planned?